We have a deep respect for the power of nature and are proud that the work that we do positively impacts the environment now and for future generations.
As a privately owned and operated firm, we know that our company is powered by our people and we look for employees that share our love of nature and want to be a part of our team for years to come. We strive to create a culture of respect and responsibility to the environment and to each other. Together we can make a long-term difference.
POSTIONS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
Environmental Crew Supervisor
Milborne, LLC is seeking an experienced Crew Supervisor to manage field crews and provide oversight of environmental wetlands restoration projects. The Crew Supervisor will operate and maintain equipment, mix herbicides, oversee application of herbicides to aquatic and natural areas, oversee felling and chipping of trees using chainsaws and chippers, and perform plant identification of native and exotic species in both wetland and upland environments. Arborists license a plus but not required.
Work will involve use of 4x4 pickups, 4x4 utility vehicles, and swamp buggies, transport of machinery and small boats, travel and overnight stays, and ability to carry heavy backpacks while traversing uneven terrain. Majority of work to be conducted in wetlands, sloughs, and along creeks and rivers of Florida (both coasts south of Orlando to Key West).
- 3+ years of experience with good plant ID skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge identifying native and exotic FLEPPC Category 1 and 2 plants.
- High school diploma at minimum (college degree in environmental science preferred)
- Working experience in operating small equipment such skid steer, mini excavator, swamp buggy, and boats.
- Working experience with chainsaws, string mowers, pole saws, herbicide sprayers, and other hand held equipment.
- Transportation and available to travel.
- Able to read maps, blueprints and operate GPS units.
- Ability to work in extreme heat, and often wet conditions.
- Good communication skills.
- Florida driver’s license.
- Natural Areas FDACS license REQUIRED with ability to pass the tests for FDACS categories Aquatics and Right of Way.
- Able to pass FBI background check and E-Verify.
- Able to pass a drug test.